Privacy is highly valued by SEA-invest and her sister companies. As a consequence the organization defined internal procedures on how to handle information from and about job applicants, employees, suppliers and customers. These rules set the limits and clarify the relationship between management, (future) employees, suppliers and customers of all SEA-invest companies. These regulations have been approved by the management and were drawn up in consultation with a broad representation of those involved.
As a data processor and a data controller, the organization obviously has personal data of all its candidates, employees, suppliers and customers. This consists of data the firm is legally required to keep, and data it requires, for example, in order to honor contractual agreements.
The general policy is that personal data are only used if needed to make or to comply with an agreement with an employee, candidate, supplier and/or customer, or only used with explicit consent. The organization ensures adequate security of the data, both in electronic format and in paper files.
This implies at least that we:
- limit the processing of your personal data to the minimum required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask for your express consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- do not transfer personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purpose for which they were provided;
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, and we want to make these clear to you and respect them.
As SEA-invest we are responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Skaldenstraat 1, 9042 Ghent
These contact details should also be used to report any (suspected) data breach.
Why do we process personal data
Your personal data are processed by SEA-invest for the purpose of and on the legal basis detailed here:
- Ensure that the content of our website and/or interfaces is presented in the most efficient way for you and your computer;
- Provide you with information, products and/or services that you request or that we believe may be of interest to you, where you have already given permission to be contacted for;
- Process your questions and requests;
- Draft a supplier contract;
- Draft a customer contract;
- Assess suitability of an applicant for a vacancy or tender;
- Properly draft and execute the employment- or consultancy contract;
- Conduct a consistent human resources, customer and supplier policy.
For the above objectives we can request the following personal data from you:
- Localization and radar tracking;
- Personal identity details: name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail;
- Identity data issued by the government: identity card number, national register number
- Personal characteristics: gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality
- Drive license plate
- Career history: followed courses, previous employers
- Family situation and identity data of family members
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Data processing and storage by third parties
We may provide the information you give us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above described purposes.
We use a third party for:
- providing the Internet environment (webhosting);
- providing the IT infrastructure (ex. IT network, …);
- the calculation and payment of salaries, wages and invoices;
- the preparation of invoices;
- the drafting of contracts;
- engaging an insurance or providing other services such as meal vouchers;
- taking care of registration forms;
- providing other services.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not made a data processing agreement.
In any event we make the necessary contractual arrangements with these parties (data processors) to ensure the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide us to third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted.
We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us prior permission. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We do not provide personal data to recipients outside the EU.
SEA-invest does not keep your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
Your rights regarding your data
You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our data processors.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, this is the supervisory authority in the field of data and privacy protection.